Epic Piping Painter in San Marcos, Texas
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED
Set up, operate, or tend machines to coat or paint the interior and exterior surfaces of a variety of equipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Applies paints, surface preparatory materials and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and according to Materials Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines
• Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
• Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
• Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
• Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
• Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil, or rustproofing materials.
• Turn dials, hand wheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
• Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
• Record operational data on specified forms.
• Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
• Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
• Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
• Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
• Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
• Thread or feed items or products through or around machine rollers and dryers.
• Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
• Remove materials, parts, or work pieces from painting or coating machines, using hand tools.
• Transfer completed items or products from machines to drying or storage areas, using handcarts, hand trucks, or cranes.
• Attach and align machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades, using hand tools.
• Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
• Place items or products on feed racks, spindles, or reel strands to coat, paint, or spray them, using hands, hoists, or truck lifts.
• Prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals, or other decorative items to finished products.
• Paint small items and perform touch-up painting, using paint brushes.
• Spray coated products with salt solutions to determine how they will resist corrosion.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Less than high school education
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in painting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.