Jefferson Bank Commercial Lending Officer in San Antonio, Texas
Our Mission Statement: Earning long term relationships every day through integrity, responsiveness, and commitment. This is personal to us.
Through the years, Jefferson Bank has created an elite team of highly skilled, family oriented and civic-minded individuals who contribute to the bank's continuing success. Therefore, it is vital that we continue to attract, retain, train, and motivate the very best employees to serve our clients. Jefferson Bank seeks service-minded candidates with innovative ideas to join our financial services family.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
(As needed to complete job duties)
A Commercial Lending Officer for Jefferson Bank will develop loan and deposit business by calling on small to middle market commercial companies, professionals and associations primarily located in the San Antonio and surrounding market areas. Manage the loan process including credit underwriting, loan documentation and ongoing loan portfolio management. This position plays an active role in the community to further develop business opportunities.
As a Commercial Lending Officer you will contribute to the overall success of the Commercial/Retail Lending department by:
- Calling on perspective and existing clients to generate loans, deposits and referrals to other areas of the Bank
- Cross-selling bank investment, trust, deposit, mortgage and loan products
- Analyzing financial statements, underwriting credit, preparing credit memos and assisting in the preparation of loan presentations
- Ensuring loans and documentation meet all regulatory/compliance guidelines, and are closed properly
- Managing loan and deposit portfolio as established
- Presenting loan information to top management and board of directors
In return we offer you a chance to join a family oriented seasoned employer where teamwork comes together to exceed our customer expectations. If you meet our minimum qualifications and are looking to take your career to the next level we invite you to apply and learn more.
We offer outstanding employee benefits such as medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick leave, defined benefit retirement plan, 401(k) plan, and opportunities for internal advancement! View additional benefit information at: (https://www.jeffersonbank.com/about-jefferson-bank/careers/employee-benefits)
*APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN THE SAN ANTONIO, TX AREA TO BE CONSIDERED*
- 5 years or more commercial lending experience to include business development, credit underwriting, loan documentation, and portfolio management
- Ability to provide excellent relationship management and business development/sales skills
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services
- Knowledge of Bank Core Systems
*Supervisory Experience *
- One year supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of High School/GED Equivalent with 10 years of commercial lending experience
- Credit analysis and underwriting skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and writing communication skills
- Networking in commercial markets
- Excellent computer literacy in all Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Internet browsers, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Reader)
- Ability to work with office equipment such as copiers, scanners, shredders, and fax machines
- Bank Core Systems
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups in managing customer relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to connect and networking with business owners and leaders
- Ability to focus and interpret data to others
- Must be able to lift, push and pull files up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and be mobile within office environment
- Must be able to sit for most of the day in front of a computer
- Must be able to speak and hear clients
- Must be able to see computer screen to read and type on the keyboard
- Must have reliable transportation and able to travel to make calls in San Antonio and surrounding areas
- Occasional travel to other banking centers for meetings
Jefferson Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Click this link to view the "EEO is the Law" Poster: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf (link is external)
Note: This job description has been designed to indicate general nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Location: Northeast Banking Center
Requisition #: 795
# of Openings: 1