Valero Business Analyst - EP in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Performs department-specific research and analysis.
- Supports commercial floor operations by performing business analytics and related tasks.
- Generates, summarizes, and relays key data to various internal departments by performing data mining, research, and/or analysis.
- Develops and maintains key performance indicators to track business performance
- Creates routine and ad-hoc reports, and provide recommendations that include financial, operational, and/or forecasted data.
- Communicates with senior department staff regarding complicated business situations.
- Works closely with various departments/teams to assist with providing economic and pricing analysis and/or optimization tools.
- Performs margin analysis for various terminals across the country.
- Utilizes SAP and/or CXL to reference secondary cost data and to obtain cost basis information.
- Creates functional specification documentation to support new project initiatives, and define use cases, data sources, business logic and deliverables.
- Maintains documentation and files that track the progress of projects, and audits the results of deliverables against assumptions and expectations.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of experience in refining or a related industry required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in industrial distribution, energy management, management, business, finance, accounting, math, marine, science, or engineering preferred.
- Experience in data mining, large data set manipulation, data warehousing, and data extraction preferred.
- Experience with developing and producing business reports and analysis preferred.
- Technical skills and a working knowledge of SAP and CRM databases preferred.
- Prior experience in at least one of the following roles preferred: Scheduling (Crude & Feedstocks, Products, Rail, Marine), Business Analysis (Crude & Feedstocks, Products, Allocation, Wholesale Pricing, Trading Risk, Transportation, Transfer Pricing, Wholesale, Commercial Logistics Contract), Trading Analysis, or Commercial Analysis.
- Ability to build and/or edit databases, basic coding SQL, VBA, etc preferred.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio preferred.
- Skilled in report visualizations and charting preferred.
- Skills in process improvement and automation preferred.
- Skills in budgeting, forecasting and planning preferred.
- Knowledge of pricing and cost mechanisms, supply and inventory logistics, product components, blending, pricing, contracts, futures and cash markets preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Market %26 Business Analysis/Economics
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 8:34:17 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800146