USAA Auto Product Development & Innovation Executive in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The Auto Product Development and Innovation leader will be accountable for developing next generation auto insurance products that leverages the internet of things to create best-in-class member experiences, and innovation and product development discipline. Accountable for the vision and roadmap to shape disruption in the insurance industry across all P&C product lines. This role uses market and member insight to continually sharpen focus on member needs and ensure significant market differentiation, consistent with USAA strategy, is achieved. Utilizing agile methods this leader will develop value propositions that translate to the delivery of compelling member value and drives competitive advantage and sustainable growth. This role will leverage technology, data, digital analysis to inform early stage opportunity assessments and the development of the strategy. Partners with legal and compliance to optimize company structures, contracts and forms and new coverage options that consider member needs. This role is accountable for leveraging and refining test and learn capabilities, rapid prototyping and a design led approach to creating improved and new capabilities. This role is for a thought leader on the future of industry and one who demonstrates exceptional influencing skills that translate to speed to value.
- Accountable for leveraging and refining test and learn capabilities, rapid prototyping and a design led approach to creating improved and new capabilities
- Accountable for ensuring significant market differentiation, consistent with USAA strategy is achieved
- Accountable for creating auto insurance products that leverages the internet of things to create best-in-class member experiences, and innovation and product development discipline.
- Sets vision, direction and roadmap for current product development to ensure member value into the USAA production environment
- Manages overall product development portfolio in partnership with Auto Experience Owner and Product Line Leader to migrate key learning into the existing product and to advance pricing capabilities.
- Acts as a thought leader on the future of industry and demonstrates exceptional influencing skills that translate to speed to value.
- Manages team of cross functional experts working in agile methods to ensure objectives are met
- Inspires a high performance team to achieve exceptional results while building future capability and developing next generation leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10+years of increasing responsibility driving market differentiation, leading a design led approach, delivering customer value, and leveraging market and customer insights.
- 8+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- In depth knowledge of linking strategy to execution and seeing concepts into market
- Proven experience leading change and driving innovation
- Demonstrated understanding of rapid prototyping and experience using a design led approach to create improved and new capabilities
- Proven leadership and a passion for developing talent
- Willingness to put the team and the mission first, before self
Auto Product Development & Innovation Executive TX-San Antonio R0018715