C&J Energy Engineer Intern - Fracturing in Pleasanton, Texas
Position Summary: This is a summer internship position involving firsthand exposure to the student's field of study by learning the necessary daily operations to perform a stimulation job on the customers well. The internship will involve three phases, and will be done predominantly on wellsite locations and in a laboratory setting. The internship will have an emphasis on hands-on learning. The first rotation will begin with safe equipment maintenance and operating procedures under the service supervisor and engineer. Then progress to completions fluid quality control under the supervision of a laboratory fluids technician. The final phase will take place in the data van under the supervision of an engineer. You will learn the equipment operating and data analyzing software, and location quality control used to complete a stimulation job. A knowledge review and presentation to engineering management will occur after each phase of the internship. Housing provided.
- Learn wellsite safety.
- Learn major components of equipment.
- Learn proper operating procedures for equipment.
- Assist equipment operators with maintenance.
- Assist equipment operators with daily duties.
- Learn all completion fluid systems.
- Learn proper proppant and fluid testing practices.
- Assist fluid technician with pre-job testing and set up.
- Learn equipment operating and stimulation software.
- Assist engineer in proppant and chemical ordering.
- Assist engineer in completing a stimulation job.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A basic understanding of hydraulics, mechanical power, and chemistry.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office applications, Excel, MS Word, etc...
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Multitasking, interpersonal communication and attention to detail are all required skills.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Current Bachelor of Science in Engineering with an expected graduation date of Dec 2018, or May 2019.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled